Welcome To DeMent & Marquardt, PLC
A DeMent & Marquardt, PLC, our attorneys and staff focus on helping clients prepare for the future. Established in 1994, we are dedicated to finding effective solutions for estate planning, elder law and related matters.
Our legal team is comprised of highly skilled estate lawyers with many decades of combined experience. Learn more about them:
- Charles S. Ofstein
- Tyler J. Stewart
- Morgan Rogalke Scime
- William B. Millard
- Olivia A. Kurajian
- Our support staff
- Daniel L. DeMent (retired)
- Michele C. Marquardt (retired)
What Sets Us Apart
Choosing a lawyer for such an important and personal task as estate planning or other estate-related issues can seem daunting. Our attorneys:
- Are very knowledgeable in all aspects of Michigan estate law, from estate planning and related services to Medicaid planning, elder law issues, probate and trust administration.
- Are well-known and highly respected in the Kalamazoo area.
- Are committed to putting your needs first.
- Will invest in building a long-term working relationship with you.
Most of our clients come to us via word of mouth. We receive many referrals from financial planners, accountants, insurance agents and other professionals who know and trust us.
Flat Fee For Estate Planning
In the interest of transparency and cost-effectiveness, we charge a flat fee for estate planning. The fee includes your estate plan, any revisions, and a family meeting after a loved one’s passing, with written updates being charged a flat fee determined at a review meeting. There will be no surprises regarding fees.
Schedule Your First Meeting
We invite you to reach our team online or by phone at 269-343-2106 to arrange a meeting with one of our estate planning lawyers. We are conveniently located in downtown Kalamazoo on East Water Street. Our attorneys are happy to meet you offsite, in your home, or at a nursing home or assisted living facility – wherever is convenient and most comfortable for you.